About University of Salford
• The University of Salford is a global institution, with a total body of 20,000 students from 130 countries studying at its historic campus near Manchester. Salford is part of Greater Manchester: a friendly, diverse, affordable city region in the UK with many placement, internship, and part-time work opportunities. The University of Salford offers a range of scholarships to support high-achieving international students.
The University of Salford was established in 1896, starting as the Salford Royal Technical Institute – and has now been a leading university for 50 years, providing students with real-world experiences, preparing them for their career.
o How many students especially International?
Over 20,000 students are studying on the University of Salford campuses, with students from over 130 different countries.
The University of Salford is made up of four schools:
• The School of Science, Engineering and Environment
• The School of Health and Society
• The School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology
• Salford Business School
Why should they choose Salford?
Industry is embedded into everything we do at Salford – we provide our students with the practical experience they need to succeed in their chosen career – whether that’s in engineering or construction, built environment, health, science, arts, media, business and law.
Our academics are subject experts, and many are active professional practitioners, world-class researchers, or both, and many of our courses are accredited by professional bodies.
Our courses offer the opportunity for students to collaborate with industry, by hearing from guest speakers, doing paid placement years or internships and live projects.
We have more connections to small and medium enterprises than any other university in Greater Manchester, and our list of partners continues to grow.
By studying at Salford, you will be supported throughout your studies, and connected with professionals around the world after you graduate, as we have a thriving community of more than 170,000 graduates worldwide.
The University of Salford is located in Greater Manchester, just 5 minutes’ drive from Manchester city centre - one of the biggest cities in the UK and recently named "The Best UK City to Live in" (The Economist). Greater Manchester is one of the most diverse city regions in the UK with over 200 languages spoken and also has a very large student population.
The University itself is located in the city of Salford, which has been named the “Greenest place” to live in England in 2020 and our campus has won the Eco Campus Sustainability Award in 2019.
Living costs are more reasonable in Salford and Manchester compared to many other cities in the UK. The transport links are excellent, and you can get to London in just over 2 hours by train, and to Edinburgh, Scotland in 3.5 hours.
Fees and Funding available for the campaign
o Undergraduate fees range from £14,400 - £16,470 per year.
o Postgraduate fees range from £15,030 - £18,990 per year.
A wide range of scholarships are available for international students at undergraduate and postgraduate level:
• Global Gold Excellence Scholarship - £3,500 available on most full-time courses
• Global Silver Excellence Scholarship - £3,000 available on most full-time courses
Scholarships for specific programmes:
• MSc Public Health International Excellence Scholarship: 50% discount
• Health Heroes Scholarship: £2,000 - £3,500 depending on course
• Energy Industries International Scholarships: £5,000
• Built Environment Accelerated Degree Scholarships: £5,000
Scholarships are also available through partner institutions including Chevening, NCUK, Commonwealth and more.
Full list of available course areas:
UKEAS provides whole range of counselling service for your dream blueprint.