About University of Birmingham
Founded in 1900, the University of Birmingham is a beautiful, redbrick university, founding member of the Russell Group, and ranked within the global top 100 universities. Birmingham is renowned for producing highly employable and successful graduates from each of our five academic colleges: Engineering and Physical Sciences; Social Sciences; Arts and Law; Life and Environmental Sciences; and Medical and Dental Sciences. At Birmingham, you will be part of a welcoming, diverse and vibrant community of over 36,000 students, including more than 10,000 international students from over 150 countries. Our inspirational, parkland campus covers 276 acres, is constantly evolving, and is home to modern, exceptional facilities. The campus has excellent transport connections, including our own train station, which links to our exciting and multicultural city centre in just 7 minutes.
Why the University?
• Ranked 87th in the world (QS World Rankings 2021)
• Ranked 13th in the UK (QS World Rankings 2021 and The Complete University Guide 2021)
• Most targeted UK university by top graduate employers (High Fliers Graduate Market Report 2021)
• Large Careers Network with dedicated support for international students
• Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF 2017)
• World renowned research, member of the Russell Group, and produced 11 Nobel prize winners
• Inspirational, 276 acre green parkland campus, with modern facilities
• Located in the UK’s second city – a vibrant, multicultural hub with 1.1 million people
• Guaranteed University accommodation – all within walking distance of the centre of campus
• Guaranteed scholarships of £3,000 for eligible Masters students
• Prestigious merit scholarships available up to £10,000 for eligible Masters students
• Over 10,000 international students from over 150 different countries
• Pioneering campus in Dubai – full degrees and study abroad options available
The UK’s second city is one of the original pioneering cities and very centrally located in the UK. Birmingham has developed into a melting pot for shopping, food and drink, nightlife, sport, culture, and industry. Alongside picturesque canals, waterside attractions, outstanding museums and galleries is an explosion of gastronomic restaurants from all corners of the globe. Birmingham boasts the largest creative and financial districts in the UK outside of London, with both growing at a fast pace. We’re Europe’s youngest city with 40% of the population under 25. Ethnic minorities make up 30% of our population, meaning our community is diverse, friendly and down to earth. It’s no wonder 48% of our students choose to stay in the city after graduation.
Our pioneering Dubai campus opened its doors to students in 2018, and in September 2021 we will open the next phase: the largest multi-purpose, smart campus in the Middle East region – a hub for research and innovation. Our academics are global experts in their field and you will benefit from both Dubai based academics and flying faculty.
Studying at the University of Birmingham, Dubai, will give you all the benefits of a Birmingham degree, while giving you access to one of the fastest growing economies in the world and a prosperous job market. Dubai is a global hub for education, industry and tourism – it is the 4th most visited city in the world and will soon host Expo 2021, bringing the world to Dubai for 6 months.
Full list of available course areas:
University of Birmingham Rankings
Already ranked in the top 100 global universities in the 2021 QS World University Rankings at 87th, Birmingham has climbed five places in the 2021 THE World University Rankings to 107th globally. The 2020 rankings saw the University rise four places to 112th.
This year also sees the University’s THE ranking in the UK rise from 13th to 12th.
Birmingham’s latest rankings success.follows a further rise in the number of citations and increasing recognition of the quality of teaching, as well as the University maintaining the reputation of its research.
Birmingham Business School at the University of Birmingham has been
awarded accreditation by the AACSB (the internationally renowned
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of
global business schools.
Birmingham Business School along with just a handful of the worlds business schools - now holds the gold standard of triple-crownaccreditation from the AACSB, the Association of MBAs
UKEAS provides whole range of counselling service for your dream blueprint.