About University of Glasgow
A world Top 100 institution (QS World Ranking 2021), the University of Glasgow is immensely proud of its past but focused on an exciting future. Founded in 1451, the University is a leading center of teaching and research with 81% of our research recognized as internationally excellent (REF2014). We have inspired 7 Nobel prize winners and the current Scottish First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon is an alumna of the University.
A leading Russell Group institution, the University is both large and diverse with 29,000 students from over 140 countries. We offer a wealth of programmes in Science & Engineering, Arts & Humanities Accountancy & Finance, Management, Dentistry, Education, Law, Medicine, and Nursing.
Why the University?
The University of Glasgow is a place that inspires ambitious people to succeed.
• University of Glasgow is ranked in the 2021 world top 100 for both the QS World University Rankings and Times Higher World University Rankings.
• Member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities.
• We welcome students from around 140 countries worldwide.
• University of Glasgow has a global community of over 219,000 alumni.
• Our alumni include the father of economics Adam Smith, Scotland’s architect of devolution Donald Dewar, renowned physicist, engineer Lord Kelvin and the pioneer of Nigerian democracy MKO Abiola.
• Our campus is undertaking a £1 billion estate investment to expand campus research & teaching facilities which will bring significant economic, environmental, and cultural benefits to the city and create around 2,500 jobs.
• 95.9% of our graduates are in employment or further study after one year of graduation.
• Times Higher Education (THE) University of the Year in 2020.
The City of Glasgow has been voted several times as the friendliest city in the world. Our Gilmorehill campus is located in the beautiful West End of Glasgow city in Scotland. The West End is a vibrant area with parks, botanic gardens, museums, shops, pubs, clubs, and restaurants, all of which grew up around the University. The University is well connected to the city center via our small underground system, train lines, bus routes, cycle and walking routes.
Full list of available course areas:
University of Glasgow Rankings
#67 QS Global World Rankings 2020
Ranked 4th in the UK for research excellence and impact
UKEAS provides whole range of counselling service for your dream blueprint.